Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gospel music spotlight: Ohemaa Mercy

Sorry for being out of circulation. Been a little under the weather.

So now, a little praise to lift your spirits and mine:

Ghana obviously has one of the most bustling gospel music scenes in West Africa. Their gospel music stars, I have been informed are in some cases as popular as their secular musicians. Today, I am profiling one of my very favorite Ghanaian gospel musicians - Ohemaa Mercy. I just like that her Odin Jesus song. I don't even know what it means so if anyone can put up a translation, it would be most appreciated.

A little more about her found here

No more yakking. Enjoy some uplifting praise from Ghana.


My absolute favorite song from her:













Where can you find her stuff? I have no idea. NONE! I have looked everywhere. Where do you get Ghanaian music online - legit!- in the States? I would like to know too. If anyone has any idea, please let me know and I will spread the information. In the meantime, enjoy her on youtube.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment