Saturday, August 1, 2009

Love my girlfriends!

Yeah, yeah, I know. I have been out of circulation. I have not posted for a while now. Not because I did not want to, but real life intervened. I had to go to an academic conference and now I am taking a short vacation, visiting friends in the broke state of California.

First of all, let me say that the news that California is broke is greatly exaggerated. The malls are huge and full, the restaurants have ridiculous wait times, and everybody is driving a new car. What recession!?!

Where would we be without girlfriends - really? I gotta say, I would be nowhere. They understand the things about you that guys are totally in the dark about. Warram I talking about? Well, we went shopping yesterday - or tried to. I was looking for one or two very specific items. We hit three different malls. Yes, three malls, over a period of 7 hours. At the end of the day, I could not find what I wanted. 7 hours, nothing purchased. Am I cheap, or picky, or both? Whatever! I say I could not find what I wanted in the exact color, fit, and price. Interpret that in anyway you wish! LOL!


Now, if it had been a guy I had been shopping with, do you think he would have lasted past the first mall? Or the first hour? Naaa! You would have heard the whine " That fits perfectly! Buy it!" even if it makes you look fat. LOL!

Anyways, I have a lot of conference and vacation gist to share, so as I have a little more time, I may fit this blog into my schedule.

I will let you know if I buy anything today. However, if it don't fit, you gotta acquit!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment