Sunday, May 31, 2009

Please bear with me.

I have made a lot of promises in the comments section to update this series that I am currently focusing on, and a lot of the questions and comments that have come up have shown me that I need to be a little more thoughtful in my approach to issues, particularly issues as controversial as this.

Unfortunately, I am being consumed by my dissertation at the moment, and I don't really have time to think right now. I started a draft of the next installment, and realized that it is not something that can be done in a hurry. So I apologize that it may take another week (or two!!) before part 3 and subsequent parts may appear. They will come, its just that at this point in my life, there is too much water in my gari!


So please, abeg, bear with me. I will be back (like the governator)!!!

Thankies

Ms Holyebony :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your dissertation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To First Anonymous:

    Omi gaari is a water

    Eje dudu is a blood!

    Arh, just kidding!!!

    Gaari is a Nigerian staple made out of Cassava, usually eaten in paste-like morsels or 'soaked' in water and eaten with a spoon - like corn-flakes. Some of us nick-named it "cassava-flakes" while in boarding school (high) school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anon2, thanks for the good wishes.

    @ Anon3, thanks for the explanation. The version of the poem? I know is:

    Eja dindin is a fish!!

    Catch y'all later when my life gets less crazy.

    ReplyDelete