Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gospel music spotlight: Sonnie Badu

I remember the first time I heard Sonnie Badu's music. I was struck by the smoothness of his vocals and the catchiness of the instrumentation. There is no doubt that he is a consummate worship leader. His music transports me to a place of worship (especially the song Baba), it is just so beautiful. Sooo beautiful to hear this man worship GOD. And even though he sings in many Nigerian languages on his album, Sonnie is actually Ghanaian. I suspect he must have spent a lot of time around Nigerians! This article provides some insight on his background.

Anyways, here is his soulful praise and worship music. I pray it blesses you like it does me.

African medley




Covenant keeping GOD



Baba (live worship). I loooove this song.


Meet the man himself







I love his music. His album is a treasure trove - for both praise and worship. I strongly recommend it. It is available on Amazon here

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment