Friday, November 27, 2009

Gospel Music Spotlight: Tolu Okeowo


I just happened to read about Tolu Okeowo in passing in this interview, so I decided to check him out. I was astonished that I had never heard of him because what I heard was some of the most beautiful, thoughtful and deep music that I have heard come out of Nigeria. This is music set for worship y'all. It just blew my mind. Of course, I wasted no time making a purchase and you should too. Its beautiful music!!



Here is an overview of his album "A perfect progression":




And the reasoning behind the music? As explained on his website:

In his latest album - 'A Perfect Progression',
Tolu takes you through a journey describing
the search for God and the discovery of His
love. He lends his creative abilities to songs
written by various international recording
Artists by fusing remarkable orchestral
arrangements with contemporary R&B,
maintaining an appeal to all age groups with
an inclusion of Soul and Jazz. This Album
features Mike Aremu, Revolution,
Michelle Marbie Davies, Edwin Bezuidenhoudt
and a few other Gospel Artists.


I have never heard of most of the artistes featured on this album either, and they are all amazing!! Dang!! Honestly, I am listening to this album as I write and I am totally blown away! TOTALLY!! What beautiful, beautiful, tender music! Arrgh, words are not sufficient to describe how totally impressed I am with the quality of this recording.

Where can you find it? Its on itunes. I bought mine from Amazon here. Its also available on a bunch of other online stores as specified on the video above. You can also get it on his online store.

Absolutely stellar stuff!! So happy I gave myself this Thanksgiving gift. I am just loving it.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Tole Okeowo is one of the few treasures God has given this generation. In terms of worhip, this is one worshiper the Father delights in. A simple heart...to worship.
    Ernest Aninta
    CEO - Ernnytales Company

    ReplyDelete