Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pearls : Sade, Angelique and India

I love music. I really do. And my taste is very eclectic - I listen to everything from country to fuji. One day, I will post what I think of what passes for music these days, but lets just say I am not often inspired to buy all the commercial dross that is out there nowadays - and that holds for music from around the world. However, once in a while, you come across music that makes you stop and say WOW!!!
What has left me so inspired? Well, India Arie just came out with a new Album. I love, love, love, love India. She makes music with meaning, soul, passion, zeal! Girl power baby!! I was checking out her new album and she has a song called pearls on it. The song sounded kinda familiar and I was trying hard to figure out where I had heard it before. Turns out it was on my Sade cd and I had never really listened to it. Well, I immediately corrected that travesty, and boy was I totally blown away! I was convinced that there was still yet another version out there that I really liked, so I did some digging, and it turned out to be a duet between Angelique Kidjo and Josh Grobin.

My people, there are singers and then, there are noisemakers. Abeg listen to some betta music jare and then tell me in your opinion, who sang it best? I am posting in the order in which the song was recorded. Enjoy, its an amazing song!!

Sade:


I tell you , it gives me chills!!

Angelique and Josh:


Ahhhh!

India:


I love this gellll!!

If you have never heard of any or all of them, check them out. They make incredible music.

1 comment:

  1. India Arie - pure, raw, unadulterated genius steeped and soaked in a simplicity which makes the truth more beautiful...

    ReplyDelete