Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chimamanda Adichie--The danger of a single story.

If you are a reader of contemporary african literature, then you have heard of this amazing woman writer. If you have not, you can read about her on her website here. Its always magical to see someone who is the absolute best at what they do. Her books are amazing. When I read half of a yellow sun, I could not put it down. Same for Purple hibiscus. Amazing writer she is!!

And her insight in this speech is fantastic. Pass it on to everyone you know. It is deep. We need to hear ALL of our stories. This is what I was trying to say here, but I guess I was not as eloquent? I love this girl!!

1 comment:

  1. always a joy to watch a beautiful african woman with smart brains exude such exuberance... the last post on my blog echoes in a vague way the single story dilemma - www.afeseh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete