Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dambisa Moyo, author of Dead Aid.

I was watching the Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert, and I was surprised to see this lady being interviewed on the show because the show just does not strike me as one where African issues can be discussed with any seriousness.Even though the interview was pretty short, I was intrigued, so I did some investigation about her: Her name is Dambisa Moyo, she is from Zambia and has just written a book that she has been promoting. Her book is entitled Dead Aid, and it states that foreign Aid of the sort that Bono advocates is harmful to Africans. She wants foreign Direct investment instead of foreign aid. She was also interviewed by the SaharaReporters team (also posted below).That interview eventually became very fiesty, so if you have time on your hands, watch it. I have not read the book, but I found the interviews interesting. And whether you agree with her or not, you cannot deny that she is one smart sista!!

Her Wikibiography can be found here; and this is her website here.

Enjoy!


Colbert's interview:
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Dambisa Moyo
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorNASA Name Contest




SaharaReporter's Interview




Sooo, AID or Investment? Or both?

1 comment:

  1. This sista rocks - I am for AID in the form of concrete lasting infrastructural investments.

    ReplyDelete