Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Daily Devotion: GOD will make a way

Happy new month!!

The title of this post is also the title to one of my favorite songs actually. It might be old school, may be out of fashion, but its like comfort food. I always fall back on it.

Here it is with lyrics for whoever does not know it:




Great song!!

But do you know where the inspiration for the original lyrics came from?

Particularly the bridge "By a roadway in the wilderness HE leads me, rivers in the desert will I see?"

Its from one of my favorite verses:

Isaiah 43:18-21

18 “ Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field will honor Me,
The jackals and the ostriches,
Because I give waters in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert,
To give drink to My people, My chosen.
21 This people I have formed for Myself;
They shall declare My praise.

Isn't that powerful? Rivers in the desert. A road in the wilderness - a way where there should not be a way!

Its like those movies - actually I caught the last few minutes of NCIS last night - where the bad guy had his knife to a victim's throat and was just about to slice it. She had given up hope, he thought he had won, and then from out of nowhere, shots ring out, at the very last minute. Suddenly the bad guy is dead, the 'almost victim' is safe and the officer who showed up is a hero.
I think they got inspiration from Isaiah 43 too.

There are many examples in the bible of GOD showing up to be the hero when all hope was lost - we have Joseph in prison, counting his pet roaches, wondering if life would ever change; we have David, wandering in the desert, wondering if he would live long enough to ever be king; we have Moses, set adrift on the Nile, his mother scared to death that he would not live long enough to see his first birthday; we have Esther, appearing before the king, terrified that he would say "off with her head!!".

They all fulfilled their destinies through very dramatic circumstances. I like to think of GOD as the original scriptwriter. And he does it better than all these Holly/Bolly/Nollywood peeps anyways! LOL!

GOD will make a way. Have a blessed day.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. The so called old school gospel songs are evergreen.

    ReplyDelete